Last night, the Headmaster told me that in Colombia, it’s tradition to welcome the New Year by having everything in your house in spic-and-span order. Then he mentioned that we probably have not had all the rooms of our house clean at one time since we moved in. I think he’s right! So New Year’s cleaning sounds like a great idea. I remember how good it felt last year that one New Year’s Day, I was already on Week 6 or so of Couch to 5K. It felt awesome to already be acting on resolutions instead of making them.
Other fun ones I’ve learned, some common, some not so:
- Eat black-eyed peas for good luck
- Eat cabbage for money
- Fill your pockets with lentils
- Run around the block with a suitcase at midnight for travel
- Make 12 wishes on 12 grapes
- Burn a doll in effigy of the Old Year
Got any special things you do for New Year’s?